Cookies and local storage policy
Cookies and local storage are part of the web technology and are not harmful, but it is important that you understand the implications to your privacy.
- What is a cookie?
- What are cookies used for?
- What is a local storage?
- What are third-party cookies?
- Web browsers with a private browsing option
- How do I block or delete the cookies?
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small temporary files stored in your browsing device (computer, telephone, tablet, etc) when you visit a website. Cookies enable the website to store certain information in your device, for example to store user preferences or to recognize you if you visit the website later.
When a cookie is created in your device, the following information is stored:
- The address (domain) of the website that created the cookie.
- The duration of the cookie (may last just some minutes or for years).
- The content of the cookie.
What are cookies used for?
- Essential cookies. Technical cookies necessary to manage your flow within the website or to keep you logged in. If you block the, it is possible that certain parts of the website might not work properly.
- Customization cookies. Necessary to remember certain user preferences.
- Analytic cookies. These cookies help us and third parties to record where visits are originated and how users interact with the website, in order to create analytics that help us to enhance the website structure and contents.
- Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to manage the advertisements displayed, their content and frequency.
- Behavioural advertising cookies. These cookies help to track your browsing behaviour in order to create a profile to determine relevant advertisements for you.
- Social sharing cookies. Cookies required to log you into your social networks in order to share contents.
What is local storage?
A local storage is a file created by a website in your device. Cookies are just one type of local storage, but there are others. It is important that you know them so you can block them or delete the data stored by them:
- Browser local storage. Some websites use the browser’s “sessionStorage” and “localStorage” to store data; “sessionStorage” is stored temporarily, but the “localStorage” is persistent. You may erase them by deleting your browser’s history.
- Flash local storage (“Flash Local Shared Objects”). Flash is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content into websites. Flash can store data in your device.
- Silverlight local storage (“Isolated Objects”). Silverlight is a browser plug-in used to add Interactive and multimedia content into websites. Silverlight can store data in your device.
- A web beacon is a tracking method that consists of an image embedded into a website. When your browser connects to the server where the image is located to download it, your access is tracked. Some times web beacons are very small or transparent images so the user is not aware of them.
What are third-party cookies?
Many websites incorporate functions or features provided by third parties, like:
- Analytics on website usage.
- Interactive maps.
- Videos and multimedia elements.
- Social-sharing buttons.
|Google Analytics||Google, Inc||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en|
|Google Maps, Youtube||Google, Inc||http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/|
|Facebook Like||Facebook, Inc||https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy|
|Twitter social sharing functions||Twitter, Inc||https://twitter.com/privacy|
|Tumblr social sharing functions||Tumblr, Inc.||https://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/privacy|
|Pinterest social sharing functions||Pinterest, Inc||https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy|
|Instagram social sharing functions||Instagram, LLC||https://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/|
|Linkedin social sharing functions||LinkedIn Ireland / LinkedIn Corporation||https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy|
|Vimeo videos||Vimeo, LLC||http://vimeo.com/privacy|
|PayPal Europe (European Union Users)||PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.||https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=en_EN|
|PayPal (non-European Union users)||PayPal, Inc||https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full|
|Social sharing functions with third-party plugin by AddThis.com||AddThis, Inc||http://www.addthis.com/privacy|
|Social sharing functions with third-party plugin by ShareThis.com||ShareThis, Inc||http://www.sharethis.com/legal/privacy/|
|View photos, videos and slides in Slidely||EasyHi ltd.||http://slide.ly/privacy-policy|
|Zopim Live Chat is a feature wich enables us to chat with our web visitors||Zopim Technologies Pte Ltd||https://www.zendesk.com/company/cookies/|
|Histats is a web analytics service||Wisecode SRL||www.histats.com/?act=5|
Some of these functions track your browsing in order to create a profile of your interests, so they can show you advertisements that are relevant to you. Cookies and local storage are tools that help to collect your browsing behaviour.
Web browsers with a private browsing option
If you want to browse this website with a higher degree of privacy and limitating the cookies that are stored for long amounts of time, we recomend that you make use of a web browser with a “private” browsing obtion. You may obtain more information on this possibility in the help pages of the main web browsers:
|Web browser||Name of “private browsing” option||To get more information|
|Internet Explorer 8 and later Microsoft Edge||InPrivate||https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/internet-explorer (Explorer) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/34b9a3a6-68bc-510b-2a9e-833107495ee5/browse-inprivate-in-microsoft-edge (Microsoft Edge)|
|Safari 2 and later||Private browsing||https://support.apple.com/en-en/HT203036|
|Opera 10.5 and lager||Private browsing||http://help.opera.com/Mac/12.10/en/private.html|
|FireFox 3.5 and later||Private browsing||https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-use-firefox-without-history|
|Google Chrome 10 and later||Incognito mode||https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en|
How do I block or delete the cookies?
The information is also covered in web browser’s online support pages:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Mictosoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=en_US&locale=es_ES
- Safari for IOS: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
Some information may be stored in your browser’s local storage, Flash local storage and Silverlight local storage. To delete it:
- To delete browser’s local storage please delete the browser’s history.
- To delete Flash local storage, please refer to Adobe help pages: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, you may download it at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
To stop being tracked by the AddThis plugin:
- You can opt out at http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out
To stop being tracked by the ShareThis plugin:
- You can opt out at http://www.sharethis.com/legal/privacy/
To get help on other browsing software or any question regarding the cookies used by this website, please contact us by e-mail at ____________@_______________
Remember: if you block cookies, it is possible that certain services or functions do not work properly.
In order to help you delete or block cookies, the following lists contains cookies used by this website. Most web browsers have the option just to block or delete cookies for specific domains, so you do not have to delete them all:
|Function or feature and name of its provider||Cookie||Domain||Persistence||Purpose|
|First party cookies necessary to run the website or to remember certain user preferences||Temporary and persistent cookies||www.lorcaresort.com||Weeks||Essential (technical) cookies Customization cookies|
|Google Analytics (Google, Inc.)||Temporary and persistent cookies (__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv, _ga)||www.lorcaresort.com||Years||Web analytics Transfer data outside the EU|
|Google Functions (Google Maps, Youtube, +1, Google Remarketing, Google Translate, etc) (Google, Inc.)||Temporary and persistent cookies (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, PREF, YSC, etc). Browser local storage. Flash Local Storage.||googleusercontent.com, google.es, google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com, googleadservices.com, youtube.com, youtube.es, ytimg.com, etc||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Security Transfer data outside the EU|
|Facebook Functions, Like Button (Facebook, Inc.)||Temporary and persistent cookies (datr, reg_fb_gate, reg_fb_ref and reg_fb_ext, wd, c_user, lu, sct, xs, x-referer, presence, p, locale, lsd, _e_*, fr, sub, etc). Browser local storage.||facebook.com||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Transfer data outside the EU|
|Social functions from Twitter (Twitter, Inc.)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser local storage. Flash Local Storage.||*.twitter.com syndication.twitter.com *.twimg.com cdn.syndication.twimg.com||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Transfer data outside the EU|
|Social sharing functions from Tumblr (Tumblr, Inc.)||Temporary and persistent cookies Browser local storage||tumbler.com, etc||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Transfer data outside the EU|
|Social sharing functions from Pinterest (Pinterest, Inc)||Temporary and persistent cookies Browser local storage||pinterest.com, etc||Years|
|Social sharing functions from Instagram (Instagram, LLC)||Temporary and persistent cookies Browser local storage||instagram.com, cdninstagram.com, scontent.cdninstagram.com, etc||Years|
|Social sharing functions from Linkedin (LinkedIn Ireland / LinkedIn Corporation)||Temporary and persistent cookies Browser local storage||linkedin.com, etc||Years|
|Vimeo videos (Vimeo, LLC||Temporary and persistent cookies Browser local storage||vimeo.com, f.vimeocdn.com, f.vimeocdn.com, player.vimeo.com, www.google.com, abmr.net, bizographics.com, casalemedia.com, mathtag.com, pubmatic.com, *.scorecardresearch.com, *.yahoo.com, *.optimizely.com, exelator.com, openx.net, *.rubiconproject.com, zdbb.net, ad.360yield.com||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Security Transfer data outside the EU|
|Paypal (PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.) / Paypal, Inc||Temporary and persistent cookies (abc_switch_cross_paypal, AKDC, Apache, c, cookie_check, feel_cookie, flow_back_cookie, JSESSIONID, LANG, login_email, navcmd, s_sess, s_vi, SEGM, ts, X-PP-K, x-pp-p, x-pp-s, X-PP-SILOVER, cookies with random names, etc)||.dotomi.com, .mediaplex.com, .omtrdc.net, .paypal.com, .paypal.d1.sc.omtrdc.net, .stats.paypal.com, t.paypal.com, www.paypal.com, www.paypalobjects.com||Years||Browsing session management Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Security Transfer data outside the EU|
|Blog hosted at WordPress.com (Automattic, inc.)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser’s local storage.||.wordpress.com, .wp.com, .twitter.com, .facebook.com, skimresources.com||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Location Security Transfer data outside the EU|
|Sharing functions provided by ADDTHIS (AddThis, Inc)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser’s local storage.||.addthis.com www.lorcaresort.com (_atuvs,_atuvc)||Years|
|Sharing functions provided by SHARETHIS (ShareThis, Inc)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser’s local storage.||.sharethis.com .edge.sharethis.com adadvisor.net agkn.com btrll.com nexac.com .rlcdn.com .scorecardresearch.com pix.btrll.com||Years|
|View photos, videos and slides in Slidely (EasyHi ltd.)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser’s local storage. Flash Cookies.||slide.ly slidely.com ak01-cdn.slidely.com s3.amazonaws.com amazonaws.com||Years||Web analytics Technical Authentication User preferences Tracking Advertising Transfer data outside the EU|
|Zopim Live Chat (Zopim Technologies Pte Ltd)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser’s local storage.||zopim.com||Years||Web analytics Authentication Tracking Advertising Transfer data outside the EU|
|Histats web analytics service (Wisecode SRL)||Temporary and persistent cookies. Browser’s local storage.||histats.com, www.histats.com||Years||Web analytics Location Tracking Transfer data outside the EU|
NOTE: this information was updated on __/__/20__ and we regularly check it to ensure correctness, but we can’t assure it is 100% accurate at all the times.